Floating Mouse and annoying File Explorer

BSchwarz

Administrator
Hello Forum,

I recently purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad YOGA X1 3rd Gen. As far as hardware, she's fully loaded with the highest specs possible. Running Windows 10 Pro. Right off the bat it had a bunch of issues. I did a bunch of updates, most of them went away. I had to
do some "regedit" for 1 problem where the keyboard would beep a bunch if I typed too quickly and it would set off hotkeys. Currently only 2 problems remain and if I can be rid of them I can be rid of my buyers remorse.

Problem 1: File explorer opens on its own. Random. Multiple times. Can be hours between occurrences or minutes. Sometimes it will even go an entire session of work without doing it.

Problem 2: The mouse floats upward and becomes useless from the touchpad. This occurs when I open the laptop from being closed and asleep, or when I flip it from tablet mode BACK TO laptop mode. It stops after roughly 3 to 5 seconds and then the touchpad
is okay to use.

If this can be fixed through "regedit" I'd love some walk through. Everything on the device is up to date. Any info you all need just ask and I will try me best to provide it.

Best,

Booshiba

More...

Back