Windows 10 Disable "Acces work or school" in Windows 10 Enterprise

• Thread starter Thread starter Kevin__D
  • Start date Start date
K

Kevin__D

Hi,

We are currently testing Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 for deployment in 2019 (after all issues have been fixed). We will be moving from Windows 10 LTSB (2015) & I was asked to mirror the setup as closely as possible to the LTSB version. This made me do some adjustments to GPO objects & everything is working fine except for one option: I want to disable the option "Connect" under "Settings -> Accounts -> Access work or school".

All our users are connected to a local AD domain on-prem but we do use ADconnect to manage our Office 365 licenses. In the Windows 10 LTSB the "Connect" option was disabled when connected to a local AD domain but in this new deployment (1809) I can't seem to find any way to disable this option through GPO or registry.

I already have the following GPO settings active to deny Microsoft Accounts:

• Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options -> Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts
  • Registry: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Settings\AllowYourAccount\value=0

I also tried disabling MDM enrollment:

• Administrative templates -> Windows Components -> Disable MDM Enrollment -> Enabled

None of these settings seem to influence the "Access work or school" option. How can I disable this setting (GPO/registry) so users can't mess around with this option?

i.postimg.cc/k5DmvChk/1-Access-work-or-school.png

More...

Back