Windows 10 Microphone over RDP in Windows 10 Pro 32 bit

• Thread starter Thread starter iLiviu
  • Start date Start date
I

iLiviu

Hi,

I need to hear the microphone connected to the 3.5 mm jack of a remote computer over Remote Desktop Connection (RDP). The remote computer (where the microphone is) is a Windows 10 Pro 32 bit laptop. If present near the remote computer, the sound of that microphone can be heard on its speakers. I need to hear it however on my local laptop, a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. During the RDP session I did set up the Local Resources / Remote Audio to "Play on this computer" and/or "Record from this computer". However, no audio is received and no new recording microphone appears in the local computer. In order to solve this issue I also enabled in Group Policy both "Allow audio recording redirection" and "Allow audio and video playback redirection", as explained at

However, the microphone redirection over RDP is still unsuccessful! Other audio, like music played on the remote computer, is well transferred to my local laptop over RDP. Only the microphone redirection doesn't work!

Is there any limitation for such feature in Windows 10 Pro 32 bit? Do you have any advise that might help out, please?

Thank you so much,

Liviu

More...

Back