Windows 10 Paused updates switched on and greyed out after 1089 updated

• Thread starter Thread starter Mac11b
  • Start date Start date
M

Mac11b

I have several local GPs governing the rules for Windows updates. Prior to the 1809 update, Paused updates was switched off and greyed out. After the 1809 update (11/10/18), Paused updates was switched on and still greyed out. I am logged-in as the Administrator Account (I had to re-enable it after the update because the update disables it) The only way I could re-gain control of the slider was to reset all local GPs regarding Windows Update to Not-Configured, re-boot, then set Remove access to "Paused Updates" feature to disabled, reboot, and then set Remove access to "Paused Updates" to not configured and reboot.

Once I have regained access to the slider, I turned it off, and put all my GPs back in place. I did not change the setting for Remove access to paused updates. I left it as not configured.

After my reboot the slider was switched back on and greyed out again.

I do set a 3 day deferral for Feature and a 2 day deferral for Quality updates, as a buffer incase MS sends a bad update and then pulls it right away, but I do not pause them. I am not sure what GP setting is turning the slider on, but I know I am not specifically telling it to pause updates.

As an side question, why does the 1809 update disable the local administrator account on Win 10 pro? It is kind of a PITA.

Any Thoughts?

More...

Back