Windows 10 SSH Setup issue in Windows10

• Thread starter Thread starter Naveen_UM
  • Start date Start date
N

Naveen_UM

Hi Forum,

I am currently running on Windows 10 Professional. I came to know that Telnet Server is not included in Windows 10. As a supplement, they have provided beta versions of OpenSSH Client and Server respectively.

However, after installing both these beta versions and rebooting the PC I was unable to run SSH using teraterm client. When I checked the SSHD logs, below is what I found.

11928 12:58:00:929 Unable to negotiate with 127.0.0.1 port 51140: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: ecdh-sha2-nistp256,ecdh-sha2-nistp384,ecdh-sha2-nistp521,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1

The SSH client is using the exchange method curve25519-sha256, but the SSH server only supports the exchange methods listed above and hence I was unable to use the SSH.

So, I tried to add one of the exchange methods used by SSH Server in SSH Client by the running the below command from the command prompt (ran as administrator).

C:\Windows\system32\OpenSSH>ssh - oKexAlgorithms=+diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256 127.0.0.1

But the system gave the below error message.

ssh: Could not resolve hostname -: No such host is known.

Please note, I also tried changing the hostname from 127.0.0.1 to the one displayed under ipconfig command, but the same error was encountered.

Can you please advise, how this error can be resolved in order to successfully use SSH in windows 10 ?

Thanks in advance.

More...

Back