Windows 10 Language preferences automatic adding extra language

• Thread starter Thread starter Rahamim
  • Start date Start date
R

Rahamim

Hi all,

We have Windows 10 Education 1709 and 1803 deployed, during the installation of the OS we add the Hebrew language via PowerShell.

At first, the user has two languages in the language bar: English (United States) US keyboard and Hebrew (Standard) Keyboard.

After working for some time another named Hebrew Keyboard is added to the language list.

When this happens, I check the languages and I don't see where it comes from. I remove and add the languages, remove and add the keyboards and in the end it fixes it self.

I tried the registry key IgnoreRemoteKeyboardLayout, didn't work. My windows country and region is Israel and Windows display language is English (United States).

I read about editing the Preload registry but also found it not helpful.

On one computer we tried setting "let me use a different input method for each app window" and it seems to be working. On another computer just removing the languages seemed to be working.

I'm at a loss here because I don't know where it comes from. Also, if I want to deploy "let me use a different input method for each app window", there is no specific registry key for it.

We are also in the middle of moving to Azure AD subscription where the Windows edition will be Enterprise. I have 2 computers like that without this problem.

I would really appreciate the help, this is driving me nuts. :)

Thanks, Rahamim.

More...

Back