Windows 10 Microsoft store can't connect

• Thread starter Thread starter boe_d
  • Start date Start date
B

boe_d

Every single one of my regular and internet based applications works but MS Store doesn't.

I was having problem with Mail saying I couldn't get connected (outlook works fine)

I tried a number of things then finally tried uninstalling mail and when I went to install it from the MS store, I got 0x800704cf - couldn't connect.

I've tried terminating and resetting the store.

I've tried a reboot between all the procedures

I've selected my login,
I've manually put in (i've tried copying my password so there wouldn't be a typo)

It doesn't look like you are connected to the internet. Check your connection and try again.

0x800704cf

Send feedback - can't

Uninstalled my VPN clients completely - didn't help

Tried disabling ip6 - didn't help

Tried sfc and dism - didn't help

Tried inplace upgrade - reinstall of windows - didn't help

I've tried logging into my computer with another windows profile

I've found many, many, many threads on this and for some reason MS keeps locking them - most without a solution that helps anyone.

I've tried this in powershell
Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\<PackageFullName>” –DisableDevelopmentMode
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

I've checked for viruses,

I've checked for proxys

I've checked my host file

After much mucking about I'm no closer - I can't even sign in the ms store as it say I'm not connected.

Is there a way to say - hey - I'm not sure what network adapter or settings you are trying to use but here is the correct one?

Is there a way to completely uninstall MICROSOFT STORE (not just an app) and reinstall it?

More...

Back