Windows 10 Windows 10 1809 Appx applications not showing as installed for users with roaming profiles

• Thread starter Thread starter tsicoupe
  • Start date Start date
T

tsicoupe

I have been trying to upgrade our image to 1809 but have been having an issue with users that have a roaming profile where a new user logs on to a new machine they do not get any Appx applications in the start menu or even in search. When I try to run calc.exe for example it says "You will need a new app to open this calculator". Running the applications by hand does not work. Running "wsreset.exe" does nothing. Deleting the roaming profile will fix the issue on that machine for that user, but not other machines or users. Running powershell.exe -Command "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | ForEach{$loc=$_.InstallLocation+'\AppXManifest.xml';Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $loc}"

will fix the issue for that user on that computer. It will not fix the issue for other users or on other machines. I have also tried the group policy that allows deployment operations in special profiles which does nothing. I have also tried just using a near blank gpo to rule out any wierd gpo that could be causing it. I have run out of ideas.

Has anyone else ran into this? I know roaming profiles are old but admin likes the way they work and does not want to switch to folder redirection with offline files. We are currently on 1703 and do not have this issue. I also tried 1803 and that had the same issue as well. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you

More...

Back