Windows 10 Updated NVidia Graphics Card driver on Tablet, now onboard keyboard and keyboard in software is smaller.

• Thread starter Thread starter ashleygreuel
  • Start date Start date
A

ashleygreuel

I have a windows 10 enterprise CBB, 64 bit. With a NVidia Quadroo P1000 Graphics card, was updated to the latest version of driver and now the keyboard is too small. it used to go from one end of the screen to the other now its in the middle of the screen only about 6 inches wide, 2 1/2 inches tall.

i have tried rolling back through device manager, makes no change. uninstalled through control panel| programs and features and installed an older version. Did a clean install, no change

I cannot adjust it through keyboard settings or by dragging the sides out. Ive tried registry key fixes for previous keyboard scaling issues that were caused by windows updates: see below

• [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Scaling]
    "MonitorSize"="13"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TabletTip\1.7]

"EnableCompatibilityKeyboard"=dword:00000001
    "KeyboardLayoutPreference"=dword:00000003

while uninstalling the NVidia driver, it will revert back to normal, screen will flicker and if i click on the keyboard it shows normally, but then as uninstall completes the screen will flash again and it reverts back to being small. Onboard graphics card is an Optiplex 7010. This cannot be used. I need to use the NVidia as this tablet is used for High Perfomance 3D software.

I'll try anything! Thanks!

More...

Back