Windows 10 What licenses I need to buy for virtualized Windows 10

• Thread starter Thread starter Denis141
  • Start date Start date
D

Denis141

Hello team,

I've got ViPNet Coordinator VA (VPN router appliance based on Linux) and there's a ViPNet Administrator software that working with that appliance under Windows OS. So, it requires one of these systems: Windows 7 SP1 (32/64-bit), Server 2008 R2 (64-bit),Windows 8 (32/64-bit), Server 2012 (64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit), Server 2012 R2 SP1 (64-bit). The ViPNet Administrator need for VA only for initial key exchange (I think it generate session keys). As my colleague claims it also may working on the Windows 10 Professional edition. Thus, I think it will be enough to buy workstation Windows edition for that matter. I guess I need to buy Windows 10 Professional box w/ article number FQC-09118. I want to install this OS to the VMware ESXi cluster which consist of three physical servers each of which has:

CPU E5-2650 v3 (10 cores/2.3Ghz/25Mb/105 watt) - 2 pcs, w/ enabled Hyper-Threading, total logical processors is 40 pcs, RAM 128Gb

In total, the cluster consists of 26 physical cores and 104 logical processors. A Windows virtual machine can only run on one of the servers at a time. In the event of server failure, the cluster loads the virtual machine on one of the remaining working server in the cluster. VMware is on VMware vSphere Essentials Plus license.

With the ViPNet Administrator will work two persons remotely under Administrator account thru RDP (when one administrator is working, the second one cannot work - I understand this, it's ok for us). What the licenses I need to buy besides the boxed version of Windows (FQC-09118)? What technical limitations can I encounter if I choose Windows 10 Professional rather Windows Server?

For security reasons, Windows will not be in the domain, although the company has it.

I will be glad to advance the answer.

Thanks in advance for the tips.

More...

Back