Windows 7 Windows freezes at Logo screen, blue screens and restarts, nothing works.

• Thread starter Thread starter cr4y0nb0x
  • Start date Start date
C

cr4y0nb0x

Well, the problem began when the Disk Defragmenter wouldn't work because the Task Scheduler wasn't working. I followed a video tutorial where I went into the registry and I believe I only changed the registry for the event log to automatic from disabled. Afterwards, the Disk Defragger started to work and I let it run overnight.

The next day after work I noticed the computer was on a black 'Windows Error Recovery' screen and when I attempted to run the startup repair it flashed a BSOD and restarted itself. The BSOD, it turns out, read:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A97E8, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0x0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000)"

I attempted to restart the computer into Safe Mode and the computer froze on ClassPNP.sys and crashed.

The Startup Repair eventually succeeded to run and came up with a message saying:

"Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically...

Problem Signature:

Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 577
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 1
Problem Signature 07: BadDriver"

The Recovery disk I got with the computer is for Windows 10 when I had Windows 7 pre-installed on it. I reached out to the computer's manufacturers asking for a Windows 7 specific recovery disk and they gave me a link to the Windows recovery page and when I input my product key it gave me an error message saying that since it's a pre-installed product that I need to go to the manufacturer.

So.

I have come to you for advice. Please Help.

More...

Back