Windows 10 Win-1903 RemoteApp: Cursor teleporting when changing between multiple displays

• Thread starter Thread starter GregAndo1
  • Start date Start date
G

GregAndo1

Hiya!

I am seeing some very strange behaviour since upgrading from 1803 to 1903 on my Windows 10 Enterprise environment.

RemoteApp host: Windows 10 Enterprise 1903
Client: Windows 10 Enterprise 1903
Displays: More than one

Reproduce:

Create a Remote app session capable of multiple windows (like a browser). Place window (1) of the session on the left monitor (A), and another window (2) on the right monitor (B). Preferably maximise both windows. Once the mouse is moved across the monitor boundary, it jumps / teleports to the right a considerable distance. In this situation, it is actually impossible to move the cursor / pointer back to the left hand monitor again, as it will repeatedly jump back to the right every time the monitor boundary is reached. This makes 1903 pretty much unusable for me unfortunately, and I expect the same for most people using RemoteApp.

Other interesting notes: If there is only one window which spans multiple monitors, the issue also exists. This makes moving a RemoteApp window from a monitor on the right to a monitor on the left almost impossible. In this case the user must drag the window on the right monitor from the very right hand side of the window. Whilst dragging over to the left window, the user must make sure the mouse cursor does not cross the window boundary whilst dragging or else the entire window will teleport back to the right along with the mouse cursor. A gap of desktop space must exist along the window boundary. The mouse pointer can then be bought back to the window on the left hand monitor, at which the pointer will teleport back into the right monitor. Then the user must now avoid touching any part of the window still remaining on the right by nagivating through the monitor boundary over a gap where there is no part of the window displayed. The mouse can then be bought back inside the window perimeter on the left side (this time it should not teleport) and the window dragged fully over to the left.

Really need a fix on this one before we can deploy. I can't roll back so will have to go back to my Mac until this can be fixed...

More...

Back