Windows 10 1903 update will not reboot to complete install...

• Thread starter Thread starter aembrey
  • Start date Start date
A

aembrey

We are deploying our updates via WSUS. The Windows 10 computer download and install the 1903 Feature Update, but require the user to click Restart or Schedule the Restart from the Windows Update Settings page. To my knowledge, it doesn't alert the user that the restart is needed, it just gives some message that a restart is required and the user can restart now or schedule the restart. All other updates, patches, etc. install and restart to complete the install. Is Microsoft requiring the users to acknowledge the update since it is a significant build update? Through GPOs, we schedule updates to download and install after business hours. Fairly common, I would expect. I have tried remotely rebooting the computer from Powershell and other methods, but it does not complete the install. All users should be logging out of their computer, and on the computers that I have looked at, the users did log out as expected. Is there some way to force the install to restart the computer and complete, even if from a powershell script. We would rather not ask the users to perform the required steps, this should be an automated process via WSUS.

More...

Back