Windows 10 WSUS : Windows 10 1709 to ... a supported version

• Thread starter Thread starter tnicolas02
  • Start date Start date
T

tnicolas02

Hello,

In our organisation, we use a lot of Windows 10 Pro computers. The updates are managed by WSUS (on Server 2019).

We have a lot of different hardware and the upgrades to the newest version of Windows 10 (1511, 1607, 1703, 1709) were installed automatically with WSUS.

But actually, the newest version (1803, 1809, 1903) are not installed automatically.

However i have check the checkbox of Upgrades and Windows 10 1803/1809/1903 on WSUS.

And the upgrades to 1803, 1809 and 1903 are allowed for all of the computers and downloaded.

If I click on the "Check for updates" option in the Windows Update interface of the computers (whitch check on WSUS), It show the 1803 update of Windows 10.

The updates is downloading from the Windows Update website of Microsoft (not WSUS ??), and after the installation of 1803, Windows Update automatically shows the 1809 or 1903.

All of this process happens correctly (Except the download from Windows Update and not WSUS), but it's not an automatic process. If I don't click manually on every computers on the "Check for updates" option in Windows Update, it show that the computer is up to date with the 1709 update (which is not supported henceforth).

I specify that WSUS works great for all of updates excepted this one.

And the others upgrades were correctly downloaded from WSUS.

The hardware is relativly recent and compatible with theses Windows 10 builds.

Thanks for your help (and in advance, excuse me for my bad English) !

More...

Back