Windows 10 Windows10 firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.Garcia
  • Start date Start date
M

Mike.Garcia

I have an Asus FX705DX laptop (Ryzen 3550H) and i've been having the same issue since i bought it several months ago.
Everytime a new Firmware (BIOS) update from Asus is installed automatically by Windows Update my system runs into an Automatic Repair Loop and nothing i do (startup repair, system restore, uninstall updates) but reinstalling Windows solves the problem.
I also get to this situation with a new windows install and enabling Hyper-V.
This last time i made a clean new installations of Windows 10 1903 Education, installed all updates and then, when i enabled Hyper-V i got into reboot loop again. I ran automatic startup repair and SrtTrail.txt said:

**Root cause found:
---------------------------
A recently serviced boot binary is corrupt.

Repair action: Uninstall latest LCU
Result: Failed. Error code = 0x3713**

So i entered command prompt from rescue environment and did a:

**DISM /Image:D:\ /ScratchDir:D:\Scratch /Cleanup-Image /RevertPendingActions**

which completed successfully and i could restart and, to my surprise, Hyper-V is enabled.

The problem is i tried to enable Hypervisor Platform and shows error "Changes cannot be completed".
I went again to recovery command line and tried to install if from there with:

**dism /image:c:\ /scratchdir:c:\scratch /enable-feature /featurename:hypervisorplatform**

which gave me error:

**The specified image is no longer serviceable and may be corrupted.

Discard the modified image and start again.**

Then i did a dism checkhealth and i have:

**The component store cannot be repaired.**

Also, installing VisualStudio i got a warning saying:

**Package 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.AspNet45.Feature,version=16.0.28315.86' failed to install.
Search URL
Search - Developer Community
Details
Command executed: "C:\Windows\system32\dism.exe" /online /quiet /norestart /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:"netfx4extended-aspnet45" /All /logPath:"C:\Users\mike\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_setup_20190811143007_359_Microsoft.VisualStudio.AspNet45.Feature.log"
Return code: -2146498512
Return code details: Unknown error (0x800f0830)**

So i can work with the system but it seems a bit corrupted.

Thanks in advance. Any help would be much appreciated.

I attach links to dism logfiles.
DISMAfterAutomaticRepairCUnitLogFile.txt
dismAfterAutomaticRepairFail.log

More...

Back