Windows 7 Latest Win7 Pro Upgrade permanently turns off my monitor so cant access my PC

• Thread starter Thread starter hpxref
  • Start date Start date
H

hpxref

This morning using my WIN7 PRO 64 opsys on my ASUS P77 Intel HD4000, HDMI, 16GB RAM BENQ monitor (Single) without any probs. When switched off Auto upgrade started/ When turned back on later , BIOS appears OK , Win7 Splash appears , with " Starting Windows" , (takes ,much longer than usual) then screen turns off to black with " No Signal Detected"

Turned off power, get emergency start up menu due to this, select "restore to last known good", but this gives exact same result However when I switch off and Pressing F8 o get back to emerge start,I try staring with log file, but dies the same.

Turning OFF and back with F8 and basiic start with restricted drivers it hangs up at last installed file Win\sys32\ambakdrv.sys then hangs solid.My Emergency Repair disk I made some time back also does not work.

And yes my last update to my separate Win10 PRO PC also stuffed up my disk access and didn't work just last week...took me half a day to restore that to a previous version, but at least I could do that. I have 6 hard drives on Win7, most 4TB drives , full of engineering software .most of which wont work on Win10. I had a sys back up for Win7, but had to use it on the Win10 the other day as didn't have a large enough separate drive to backup all drives and C files on older Win10 version. amd Win7 PRO seemd very reliable. Have another old drive somewhere with a sys back for Win7 but will lose a lot of data by doing so.

Looks like my Win7PRO is dead unless uSoft comes up with a self installing fix

So that is TWICE in a matter of days tat uSoft upddates have made using my PCs impossible.

Time to cut my losses and get onto another non uSoft system

Pissed off

John

More...

Back