Windows 10 W10 Enterprise - Enforce Screensaver AND allow Presentation Mode to override?

• Thread starter Thread starter JG79
  • Start date Start date
J

JG79

Hi All,

Until recently, our screensaver GPO seemed to allow users to override the screensaver being kicked in when using presentation mode.

We changed the file being used by the screensaver back in June and since then, Presentation mode has stopped overriding the Screensaver.

We are setting via GPO:

Enable Screen Saver - "Enabled"

Force Specific Screen Saver - "%windir%\file.scr"

Password Protect the Screen Saver - "Enabled"

Screen Saver Timeout - "Enabled (450 Seconds"

My understanding is that is actually the intended behaviour, i.e. the Screensaver would not be supressed (or allowed to be supressed) by Presentation mode?

I'm being challenged on it however as this used to work and according to AGPM, the only change made to the GPO was the name of the file being set as screensaver.

I can only guess it wasn't working properly until the change to GPO was made and now its started? Either that or a windows update or similar has changed behaviour?

• I'm hoping that someone can confirm this is the expected behaviour from the settings above.
  • I'm also hoping that someone could suggest a way to still allow presentation mode to override the screensaver with timeout and password protection enabled?

We are using W10 Enterprise 1803 x64 currently.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

More...

Back