Bitlocker password and recovery key not working. Boot up is stuck in a loop.

• Thread starter Thread starter Sam Question
  • Start date Start date
S

Sam Question

Anyone.... please help me with this one if able. My computer (HP Envy w/Windows 8) had been working fine for years. The main drive (C: drive) was bitlocker encrypted. I did not do any recent upgrades, patches, or installs. Then yesterday, I turned on my computer and I got the initial "enter bitlocker password" screen. However, this time the computer screen was not the solid blue color. The screen was malfunctioning and had some purple color along the left side and some screen flickering. Therefore, I entered my bitlocker password I did so as I've done hundreds of time and it didn't work. The next screen took me to the bitlocker recovery page. When I put in my bitlocker recovery key, the screen when to the initial windows screen and the screen said "attempting to repair." Then, the process stops, and I get back to the initial blue, "enter bitlocker password." It doesn't matter how many times I put in the correct bitlocker passwork or recovery key, I still inevitably does but to the enter bitlocker password screen. I even went to the DOS prompt and used the Bitlocker Recovery Tool and completed the steps to recover the drive. When I insert the correct key, the process begins to run, I get kicked out of the dos prompt, the screen goes back to "attempting to repair" page, then eventually back to the blue enter bitlocker password page.

This is a frustrating loop/error and I don't know how to recover my data. Any help? I'm so so thankful any possible assistance. best regards, Sam.

More...