Windows 10 Assigned Access - Edge Enterprise

• Thread starter Thread starter CalvaryIT
  • Start date Start date
C

CalvaryIT

I'm setting up a touch screen system and wanted to use MS's Kiosk mode (Assigned Access) to run a single browser based application. As fortune would have it, Edge does not like intranet applications enough to allow their print services to function. Fortunately, MS has provided IE11 on Win10 systems for backward compatibility and it can be accessed through Edge by enabling Edge Enterprise and Installing Edge Enterprise List Manager and creating the association between the Address I need and IE11. Simple? Not so much.

Yes, IE11 executes in Kiosk mode when Edge is opened with my application link as its default page. Unfortunately, Edge opens and then IE11 opens over the top of it, but it only shows a white page and not the application link it had shown prior to go into Kiosk (Assigned Access) mode.

Can anyone explain to me how to have edge relay the IE11 session without the Edge browser itself opening in the background?

Can anyone tell me how to get IE11, which delivers perfectly outside of kiosk mode, to deliver properly in Kiosk mode?

For what I need Assigned Access (kiosk) mode is prefect. I really do need to find a workaround or solution using Assigned Access.

Thanks in advance

More...

Back