Windows 10 Stuck in Windows 10 Automatic Repair loop

• Thread starter Thread starter cuocuo
  • Start date Start date
C

cuocuo

Yesterday, my laptop stuck in Automatic Repair Loop and, although I tried all provided options, I couldn't repair it.

1. System Restore:
When I tried "System Restore" and selected all different restore points, I always got this error:
System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed.
Details:
System Restore failed while copying the registry from the restore point. An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070017)

2. Startup Repair - still get to the same Automatic Repair menu

3. System Image Recovery:
I got this error message:
Windows cannot find a system image on this computer

4. Safe mode booting
Still get the same blue screen and message "Your PC ran into a problem..."

5. Reset this PC
For both options (keep my files or remove files), I got this error:
There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.

6. Another tip I found on google
On the command prompt, I tried to copy files in c:\windows\system32\config\regback to c:\windows\system32\config. But, in my case, c:\windows\system32\config\regback is already empty, and so this method failed.

So all provided repair options failed.

I also tried to reinstall Windows. During the installation, I was asked to enter product key, but I couldn't find it now because the windows was pre-installed with my laptop. So I selected to proceed reinstall without product key. The instruction directed me to restart PC after removing installation disk. But, when I restarted my laptop after removing the disk, I was led to the blue screen with "Your PC ran into a problem..." and the Automatic Repair started again. I seems so desperate, and I don't know what to do now. Are there any other things I can try?

More...

Back