Windows 10 RuntimeBroker - Launch and Activation Permissions - ADD is greyed out

• Thread starter Thread starter UZI187
  • Start date Start date
U

UZI187

I've been getting a few annoying DistributedCOM warnings (Event ID 10016) in Event Viewer such as...

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402} to the user DESKTOP-AI976VT\keith SID (S-1-5-21-902422483-3872304736-3775899550-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

...and they often coincide with the Win10 OS crashing. I'm not sure the crash is related but there are no other Administrative Events in Event Viewer apart from these warnings so I tried to get rid of them. I edited the keys in the registry giving Administrators group and my personal windows user name Full Control permissions. Then I tried to access RunTime Broker following the procedure below.

Launch DCOMCNFG from command prompt running as Administrator.
Console Root > Component Services > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config > Runtime Broker > Properties > Security > Launch and Activation Permissions > Edit
I get a popup "One or more of the permission entries attached to Registry Value has an unrecognized type and can not be displayed."

I clicked on OK

==> Unfortunately "Add..." is greyed out

So I'm stuck, cannot add Administrators group or my personal windows user name to the list.

Does anyone have a solution?

More...

Back