Windows 10 Managed Windows 10 Enterprise / IOT updates over Internet

• Thread starter Thread starter Darn_it
  • Start date Start date
D

Darn_it

Hi, i've been trawling the net for weeks looking for the best solution, but i'm finding this surprisingly difficult...

We will have upto 30,000 PC's spread around the world used for controlling sophisticated equipment in customers locations and are single use. The machines have internet connectivity for updating the applications running the equipment and remote support etc

Up time of these machines is critical, so we cannot be at the mercy of unmanaged Windows update. We intend to use Windows 10 IOT Enterprise which allows feature updates to be blocked and just allow Quality updates. However we would still ideally like to manage these and not have to sweat every patch Tuesday!

This brings me to my challange. As these will not be domain connected machines, how can we centrally manage Windows update? I can imagine a solution using something like a web based management console to select which patches we have approved for the update and then a client side agent that pulls them from Windows Update. However i'm struggling to find anything, but i'm sure there must be many ways to achieve this.

I will be very grateful for any pointers you can provide

More...

Back