Windows 10 Problems installing Microsoft Calculator appxbundle using SCCM

• Thread starter Thread starter JB7980
  • Start date Start date
J

JB7980

It has been recommended to ask here in the Windows 10 forum to see if anyone could help point me in the right direction.

We have been wrestling with this problem on and off for some time now. The vendor that created our WIM for OSD deployment removed some apps like calculator, sticky notes, image viewer, etc. I have no idea why that was done, but I was the only person concerned about it so I was overridden. Now it's come up that a lot of users would like calculator and sticky notes installed on their computers. I was able to get sticky notes to install through SCCM just fine using an appxbundle package, but not so lucky with calculator.

I have tried a variety of different things to get this to work. Currently, the install will run and show installed in software center even though it won't show up anywhere as installed. I believe there is a problem with the prerequisite (Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 UWP Runtime Package x64) not installing. The prereq says it's installed as well, but it's really not. When you run the appx bundle manually, the prereq will install and then calculator will install, for real this time. Once done this way you can use software center to install calculator on any other user that logs in. That's why I believe it's the prereq that is not actually installing.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 UWP Runtime Package x64 is a dependency on the calculator application. I have looked through different log files and have seen nothing of value. Perhaps I'm looking in all the wrong places. Anyone else have this problem or have any ideas what I can try next? Thanks in advance!

Jeremy SCCM Noob

More...

Back