Windows 10 Unable to backup File History to Storage Space drive

• Thread starter Thread starter Arty-W
  • Start date Start date
A

Arty-W

Hi,

I’m trying to set up and use Windows File History for the first time.

I go into Control Panel, File History, then Select drive, but only my D: drive (an internal SSD) and 3x network shares (on external NAS) appear on the list of drives recognised by File History. It does not see my F: drive, a Storage Spaces-managed two-way mirrored pair of internal hard-disk drives. This is the issue.

I can use Windows File Explorer to access the F: drive normally, Disk Management reports F: as a Healthy Primary Partition, and files in folders on F: are normally accessible, including my F:\Onedrive folder, and I have run error check on F: with no problems reported.

Also, I should mention that I had a similar problem that has impacted on my use of the Acronis True Image (2020 Build 22510) program to backup files from my C: drive to the F: drive. Acronis reports 'Error 0xb0428: The backup location was not found on the destination drive' where this destination drive is F:\Backups. I reported this fault to Acronis before starting my investigation into the potential of Windows File History for backing up my files, and experiencing today’s File History problem.

Could the File History problem and Acronis problems be caused by one and the same underlying fault?

My PC is running Windows 10 Home x64 version 1903 Build 18362.476

Thanks for any help

Roger-W

More...

Back