Windows 10 Not using Roaming Profiles

• Thread starter Thread starter Omega63
  • Start date Start date
O

Omega63

Hi,

At my company roaming profiles are not used. To confirm I went into my laptop's (Windows 10 Pro) user profiles and saw mine as Local and not roaming. The question I have is that if I log onto another laptop with my credentials all my folders and files will be there, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Contacts & Favorites.

We do use DFS w/ replication on two servers for our mapped network S: drive. We do use Sync Center on the laptops for offline files. We have a U: drive mapped on our laptops to the DFS servers that has the user's Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Contacts & Favorites folders.

If we are not using roaming profiles then why are my folders and files on any computer when I log into it?

On a possibly related note I put a new image up on our DC so it gets sent to all laptops as their desktop image. I do this weekly with a new image. Today when I logged into my laptop on the desktop was an image I put out two weeks ago. This happened to another user this week too. A reboot brought back this week's image on the desktop. Was the two week old image a caching issue?

More...

Back