Windows 10 Windows 10 - Wont hibernate or sleep, crash dump fails (45) crash dump init fails (46)

• Thread starter Thread starter bpniapbp
  • Start date Start date
B

bpniapbp

My computer has been unable to enter sleep mode (S3) or hibernate since upgrading to Windows 10.

• Event log errors:

Event Log: 11/26/2016 7:05:30 PM
General: The system could not sucessfully load the crash dump driver.
Source: volmgr
EventID: 45

Event Log: 11/26/2016 7:05:30 PM
General: Crash Dump initialization failed!
Source: volmgr
EventID: 46
I have tried the following steps to correct this issue:
  1. Checked BIOS settings and insured S3 is enabled
  2. Updated motherboard bios and chipset drivers and removed all peripheral devices, usb, PCIe and sata disks besides boot drive. Also ran test mem on all memory, one stick at a time. Attempting to sleep/hibernate after each test.
  3. Disabled hibernate via command line via: powercfg /H off, and also removed the pagefile in System properties > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab> Performance settings > Advanced. Rebooted PC and re-enabled hibernate and pagefile (custom size of 110% of ram size) No luck. After each change I also verified the they took in regedit.
  4. Noticed new error in event log at this point: "Error EventID: (49) Configuring the Page file for the crash dump failed. Make sure there is a page file on the boot partition and that is large enough to contain all physical memory" But the page file is there C:\ 11/26/2016 07:33 PM 13,212,057,600 pagefile.sys

At this point I believe it the systems inability to create a crash dump file that is hanging up the sleep modes. I followed the following guide to try to manually create FULL dump files. Generate a kernel or complete crash dump - Windows Client Management. Using notmyfault.exe

It generated a BSOD but did not actually create a dump file.

I tried generating dump in safe mode as well.

At this point I'm at a loss to what to do next. Looking for some help

More...

Back