Windows 10 Security is driving me crazy! Full scans goes back to the desktop screen

• Thread starter Thread starter glitterfalls
  • Start date Start date
G

glitterfalls

Hi,

I downloaded Windows 10 last year and overall I'm happy with the OS. The one thing driving me crazy is the virus scanner. I hope I can describe this clearly and to the point.

Some background info: I randomly scan the computer whenever I have the urge to do so. Not like I do it every single day or even every week. I just try to do it at least once or twice a month and I always do it on full scan. I'm also somebody that lets the virus scanner do its thing. I make sure I'm not on the computer doing anything else while the computer is scanning for viruses. It usually takes a couple of hours to scan the whole thing. Don't have a problem with that. Seems like a short amount of time for me considering all the stuff I have on the computer. I think I've also taken off any "sleep" setting on the computer because I was thinking maybe that had something to do with my problem.

Problem: Okay, I'll have a full scan running. No problems going on, not like a blue screen pops up or it looks like its freezing up or anything. The scan screen will just vanish off the screen and go back to my desktop. Yesterday I pulled up the task menu to see if it perhaps is just finishing in the background. Didn't see anything. Third time was the charm and I actually got a full scan to finish and stay on the screen. No viruses detected.

So what's going on? Why is this happening? What can I do to stop it? This has been happening for a few months and I'd reset the program and then start the scan again. Yesterday I just got fed up with it and decided it was time to reach out and see if I can fix this problem. Very hopeful somebody can help me out and I thank you all for any replies and help.

More...

Back