Windows 10 Storage Spaces virtual disks disappeared

• Thread starter Thread starter Dan.9876
  • Start date Start date
D

Dan.9876

I have a very similar problem to here: /Forums/en-US/a4e3723b-15de-4649-876e-2ce4630e16a8/storage-spaces-virtual-disks-disappeared-after-failed-windows-update-1709?forum=win10itprogeneral

I am running Windows 10 Version 1909 and have a Storage Space setup to use a single HDD. I can see the disk using the Disk Management tool however it is not assigned a letter and nor can I assign one.

When I run get-VirtualDisk I get no results however if I run get-StoragePool I receive the following output:

FriendlyName OperationalStatus HealthStatus IsPrimordial IsReadOnly Size AllocatedSize
------------ ----------------- ------------ ------------ ---------- ---- -------------
Primordial OK Healthy True False 3.01 TB 2.73 TB

If I run get-PhysicalDisk the following is the output of the relevant drive:

Number FriendlyName SerialNumber MediaType CanPool OperationalStatus HealthStatus Usage Size
------ ------------ ------------ --------- ------- ----------------- ------------ ----- ----
2 WDC WD30EFRX-68AX9N0 WD-WCC1T1394360 Unspecified False {Starting, OK} Unknown Unknown 2.73 TB

The Moderator on the previously mentioned thread suggests to run Repair-VirtualDisk however this is not possible as there is no FriednlyName of a virtual disk to supply as an argument to Repair-VirtualDisk.

It appears other people in the thread had similar issues but no one offered a solution.

More...

Back