Windows 10 Display problem - scaling at 150% when rebooted remotely

• Thread starter Thread starter Rafcio S
  • Start date Start date
R

Rafcio S

I have a problem with ThinkPad E470 when remotely controlled through TeamViewer. When I reboot it remotely from TeamViewer with the cover (LCD screen) open there is no issue, however if I do the same with the cover closed it comes up with icons and everything else scaled at 150% (supposedly recommended setting, which is plainly BS - who'd use that?) being at 100% before the reboot. I wonder if this is Windows problem (the latest 1909 version), Intel graphics driver problem (HD Graphics 520) or TeamViewer problem? There is more, as at 150% scaling when I open the display settings to change the scaling to 100% the window shows up obviously very small with vertical scroll bar. The problem is with the scrolling. There is none. I can move the scroll bar up and down, but the content of the window doesn't move at all. Again, this is still through TeamViewer. After resizing the window to reach the scaling drop down box and selecting 100% most of the screen is OK (until another reboot), but the task bar and system tray items are either still too big or smaller, but unevenly placed. I've seen some TeamViewer compatibility issues with display drivers before (notably with Firefox where hardware acceleration would have to be disabled in order to see the content through remote session), but is this really TeamViewer issue, display driver issue or perhaps Windows issue? And is this a known problem and a fix available? Needless to say is the fact that the action for closing of the cover is do nothing (on battery power or plugged in), so I can use the laptop remotely in any cover position.

More...

Back