Windows 10 This User can't sign in because this account is currently disabled and No administrators on this computer.

• Thread starter Thread starter lforbes
  • Start date Start date
L

lforbes

Hi,

I am a System admin for 2 domains and have been for 20+ years and I cannot seem to crack this.

I have a corporate laptop Windows 10 1903 joined to Azure AD. I have a corp admin account with a pin in the local admins group (local administrator is disabled and no local accounts as per Azure). It was working fine yesterday and I shut down last night.

Today when I booted up instantly I get a screen "This user can't sign in because this account is currently disabled". You cannot get past it. Shift doesn't work.

I never got a prompt for my password. It is not like I entered it wrong. It started with a "welcome" like it was trying to auto logon.

I did Recovery options and tried Safe Mode, Safe Mode Command Prompt, System Restore, and it doesn't matter which one I try it keeps saying that the account is disabled or cannot logon because no local administrators on this computer.

My Azure account is FINE. I can logon to Azure and use all my online services, it is just the laptop account version that is disabled.

With Windows 7 you could do safemode and it would enable the local Admin, but for some reason Windows 10 is just too dumb to do that.

My Corporate support has no idea. Azure isn't like a real domain and so the Domain Admins have no access to workstations in the domain (which is very dumb and a big reason why to never use Azure). As a Domain Admin if this happened in my domain I could just remotely access the laptop and enable the local admin account.

I don't want to nuke and pave. There has to be a way to fix this. I have 1909 on USB key but I don't want to lose my files.

If this is Microsoft's idea of a good design then they need to go back and redesign it. Computers shouldn't just disable the only admin account for no reason.

1527587.jpg

lforbes

More...

Back