Windows 10 WinRM connection errors

• Thread starter Thread starter Obujuwami
  • Start date Start date
O

Obujuwami

Hey All,

I am working on getting WinRM up and running in my environment and I have found several different guides to getting that done. I have gone with the most restrictive settings I feel comfortable with, but I am having connection issues on my test machine. I have run "enable-psremoting", verified that the firewall is allowing traffic (I disabled to test as well, still no connection), I ran winrm quickconfig to verify it's status (it's on and running), and I have tried to test using Test-WSMan -computername [NAME] with this error: (redacted names)

Test-WSMan : <f:WSManFault xmlns:f="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wbem/wsman/1/wsmanfault" Code="2150858770"
Machine="computer.domain.host"><f:Message>The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the
request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and
documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination
is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm
quickconfig". </f:Message></f:WSManFault>
At line:1 char:1
+ Test-WSMan -ComputerName computer
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (computer:String) [Test-WSMan], InvalidOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : WsManError,Microsoft.WSMan.Management.TestWSManCommand

So, I know the computers I'm testing from are on the same subnet as the host, but aren't allowing the connection. I also have tried it from a different machine on a different subnet from the host and no connection.

I'm missing something and I'm not sure what. Could anyone possibly point me in the right direction?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

More...

Back