Windows 10 CANNOT EDIT WINDOWS 10 SEARCH BAR

• Thread starter Thread starter Riccardobianchi1
  • Start date Start date
R

Riccardobianchi1

it has been yesterday that the search bar where cortana is present cannot be edited. I have tried these steps

One possible resolution procedure is as follows:

Open the task manager with CTRL + ALT + DEL
Click on File and launch a new command with administrator privileges
Type CMD and press enter.
In the window enter the following commands, waiting for the first one to finish before launching the second one:

dism / online / cleanup-image / restorehealth
sfc / scannow
Whether one of the two commands returned error messages or failed
to work it is necessary to carry out a repair of Windows, or going back to the previous operating system and performing the upgrade again, or performing a restore while retaining the data.

Using this second option you will need to reinstall the apps.

If, on the other hand, everything is successful, proceed as follows:

Run a command string again as described above, enter the Powershell command first, and copy and paste in the new window

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Where-Object {$ _. InstallLocation -like "* SystemApps *"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$ ($ _. InstallLocation) \ AppXManifest.xml"}

Make sure the command has been launched (a blue progress bar will be displayed).

despite this the search bar still does not work.

I checked the SEARCH BACKGROUND process but it is not present in the process list, therefore being associated with the runtimebroker.exe process or tried to start the executable from the windows / system32 folder.

the process runs in the background but does not start THE SEARCH PROCESS.

SO I FOUND THE WINDOWS WSEARCH SERVICE AND I TRIED TO ACTIVATE AND ACTIVATE IT BUT NOTHING CHANGED.

which process or service is it connected to? The process SEARCH windows background let me know thanks

Riccardo

More...

Back