Windows 7 Cannot install printers

• Thread starter Thread starter catman81
  • Start date Start date
C

catman81

I have a new Dell computer and a new model HP Pro 400 color laserjet printer. I crashed the computer during the HP software installation. I know what caused the crash so that is no problem. The software automatically uninstalled. Now I cannot add almost any printer getting:"Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000003EB)". By saying almost any printer, I mean I can go to Add Printer, select almost any manufacturer, select almost any model, select LPT1 or an IP port (doesn't matter), and I get the error. The only exception is that I can install any PostScript printer. I can duplicate this problem on multiple computers as long as I get the right circumstances. I can probably fix this by reinstalling Windows, but I would like to know what HP software changed, and I would like to fix it. I feel like this could be an easy fix if I only knew where to look. I've done all the usual things. I forgot to say that it looks like the drivers install, at least they show up in Printui /s. I can delete the drivers. I called HP, they remoted in, and said the problem is in Windows because it will not install other printers. This is driving me crazy looking for a solution. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

More...

Back