Windows 10 Windows 10 v1909 Task Manager bug, high cpu use, cant sort in details tab by cpu till kill process

• Thread starter Thread starter techfun89
  • Start date Start date
T

techfun89

I have an issue on two machines now where suddenly when you bring up task manager it shows a full bar in the sys tray of cpu use when in fact the actual use is 3% overall or less (using another tool to see). My main pc didnt exibit this until a few weeks ago. I thought maybe it was an update that did this but i tried removing recent updates, i was able to remove 2 of them, the other 2 now throw errors on uninstalling.

If you go to the details area in task manager and try to sort by cpu it just changes the arrow direction, nothing happens. If you kill a random task then the high cpu use for task manager process and sorting suddenly works.

Im pretty sure this is an ongoing bug, as there are other reports of at least the high cpu use, but now i have the issue on two machines.

The awkward fix is to create a new profile and then use that profile. There is no issue in that profile when you do this on either machine.

Tech, the Universe, Everything: Tech-Stew – Tech, the Universe, and Everything Just Plane Crazy flight-stew | Just Plane Crazy

More...

Back