Windows 7 Backup And Recover Win7 and Win10 From same computer To One External Hard Drive?

• Thread starter Thread starter soundmammy
  • Start date Start date
S

soundmammy

Hi,

I am currently on Windows 7 os. I would like to create a Windows Backup Image on my external HD. After doing this I intend to move up to Windows 10 os. I would then like to create a Windows Backup Image on the same external HD. So that one external hard drive would then have two Windows Backup Images on it; my Win7 Backup Image, and my Win10 backup image.

Will the Win10 backup image overwrite the Win7 backup image since it's the same PC machine?

If so would a work around be to partition the Ext HD and put each backup image on it's own partition?

I have read mixed experiences regarding renaming and moving Backup image folders around so am hoping this work-around can avoid both??

And just to confirm; Restoring from a Windows Backup Image is not dependent on the current os you're on - correct? eg. when I move up to Windows 10 os and say I have issues, then restoring back down to Windows 7 should work - correct? (using the backup image on the External HardDrive)?

Any advice with the above few questions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

More...

Back