Windows 10 VAMT: Windows 10 OEM machines report that key is blocked, yet works for phone activation

• Thread starter Thread starter Punkrulz24
  • Start date Start date
P

Punkrulz24

Hello all,

We installed VAMT on our end which allows us to be able to activate Windows by proxy through that machine since we operate in an offline environment (except for the VAMT server). Most of our environment is utilizing workstations that have OEM versions of Windows installed. These versions have not been tampered with or changed, and thus the original key should work just fine. Unfortunately, I am seeing the following error message on a lot of our Windows 10 workstations (some are Windows 7):

The activation server reported that the product key has been blocked.

I tested the phone activation method of one of the machines, and this went through just fine (despite the fact that Microsoft somehow does not recognize my cell phone number as a mobile number).

This is a lot of machines that would have to be visited locally in order to activate via the phone. Is there a known issue (that I haven't been able to find) that would be occurring with these machines that prevent us from being able to activate using VAMT? VAMT has even de-activated a previously activated version of Windows in a lot of these cases.

Thanks!

More...

Back