Windows 10 Windows 10 Desktop Redirection - Icons automatically rearranging

• Thread starter Thread starter Chad-72
  • Start date Start date
C

Chad-72

First of all, I was not able to find an Active Directory category to post this question. So, I am betting I am posting this in the wrong location and I apologize ahead of time.

I am using a GPO to successfully redirect the users desktop and documents folders out to their personal network drive located on a DFS server. It works fantastic and now I no longer worry about users losing data when they save it to either location. An issue has come up though. Many of my users will organize shortcuts and other icons in specific locations on their desktop. I am getting reports from some of the users that after a logoff/logon event, restart, or even after a period of time, the icons will auto rearrange. When the auto rearrange occurs, the desktop icons move back to the left side of the screen and they appear to be in place in alphabetic order. I have found posts stating to turn of "Allow Themes to Change Desktop Icons" but this change didn't help. I have also found a post or two stating this is a known behavior but there isn't a known work around. We currently do not use roaming profiles. Based on previous experiences with roaming profiles, I would prefer to avoid them. Does anyone have any suggestions?

More...

Back