Fake Security warnings using Microsoft Edge

• Thread starter Thread starter HPilt
  • Start date Start date
H

HPilt

I recently have been getting fake security warnings using Microsoft Edge. I posted a question about this on 3-7-2020 and got the following email screen shot message appearing to be from Microsoft. It's senders address from "Properties" was Microsoft *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. It had a phone number to call for support: ATTENTION SPAM NUMBER . I called it and a person who identified himself as a Microsoft Employee, John Davis (a heavy Indian accent). He gave me his employee number, but I didn't save it. He said that Windows Defender was commonly not catching malware like those causing the popup security warnings. He wanted to sell me an advanced version of Microsoft Defender used for commercial accounts. He would personally run it one time for $100 or I could buy a lifetime version for one computer for $250. It would fix the problem. I told him I would call him back but I didn't. It was a very slick presentation. I see that telephone number has been referred to in a previous (I think 2018) Microsoft Community posting : misrepresentation for Intellitech Graphics

WARNING: -- people claiming to be "microsoft support" but billing you via Intellitech Graphics - I made the mistake of giving these people access to my computer !! -- if you see the number **** --- dont trust it ...........

e6867180-61c5-4a32-aeea-6cb430de3e77?upload=true.jpg

More...