Windows 10 Boot-time Event Log error roulette - please help

• Thread starter Thread starter casterle
  • Start date Start date
C

casterle

TL;DR - Building new system, error/warnings in event log change with every boot - no changes on system

I'm trying to get a stable Win10 Pro installation on a new computer. I'm a retired dev who has avoided Admin stuff as much as possible, so in that respect I'm a noob and hope some of you OS gurus will help.

As I'm retired now, I wanted a system that I could use for anything I wanted to explore, so I put together a Ryzen 9 3950X that boots off M.2 Gen4 SSD (quickly). I also want to start with a 100% stable system that I can image and restore, as exploration can require the system to be reloaded from time to time.

As I've been installing stuff, I've been checking the admin logs and cleaning up errors. So after installing a few things, I'd clear the logs via a PS command (takes nearly 2 minutes - why so slow?), reboot, and check them. I've noticed a few things I can't fix, errors that pop up randomly on each boot, or not, as dictated by God knows what.

I've repeated the above log-clearing cycle 20 times in a row, saving the admin events for each run but doing nothing else on the system. Usually there are errors, but sometimes not (a few examples provided below). 10 of the 20 runs were done by restarting without shutting down, the others were after a quick shutdown. The results seemed similar.

I'm confident in my hardware. I've run Prime95 simultaneously with Kombustor (to test the cooling system) for over 24 hours with no errors. I've run memory tests as well with perfect results.
Although this is a water-cooled system (cpu, gpu, mb vrm's) nothing was overclocked during this process (although the above stress tests were done with the cpu and gpu moderately overclocked).

My sample size is small, but being retired I won't live long enough to collect a statistically significant number of samples given how long it takes to get one set (boot/check logs/save/clear logs). Is there some way to do this via PowerShell script? That is, which would repeat the process automatically for me a specified number of times (including the reboot)?

I'm concerned about the randomness of the errors; it seems to me if nothing has changed on the system, it should boot identically each time.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Here are some of the error I see:
Error 7043 Service Control Manager None
Error 10010 Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
Error 1000 Application Error
Error 13 VSS

More...

Back