About Windows Defender in March 2020 On Windows 10?

• Thread starter Thread starter mp2019
  • Start date Start date
M

mp2019

Hello,

How's things?,

Just letting you know that it's way to easy to download run/install infected files while using Windows Defender and end up locked out in many cases.All rival free antiviruses which i tried one by one all of them have blocked an infected downloaded file and even blocked an infected file which may of passed the detection while it was downloaded from getting installed/run.It was virtually impossible to run an infected file once it got detected by another free antivirus as i tried all options to compare the difference between my newly installed free antivirus and what i had before which was W.D.I found a loop hole in Windows Defender which allowed me to explore dangerous downloaded files from start to finish and then noticed weird additions being added as a result causing my computer to be unstable and even couldn't access the basic functions as a result.I went to my add or remove programs to find weird programs have been added and when i tried to uninstall it and noticed all of those weird programs were created very well so it can't be uninstalled once it's installed.I tried all free removal programs and they all failed to remove those weird programs as those weird programs blocked it and the only way out was to reset or reinstall Windows 10.After using another free antivirus it detected my downloaded file and showed an alert on the screen and even after i tried to run it and didn't allow me to explore it further after it was blocked.Windows Defender needs further testing before it's given out,as there are many unknowns that can easily bypass Windows Defender ,while all free antivirus rivals are fully alert and their detection's is remarkable..I thought my newly installed free antivirus made a mistake with it's detection and rerun another test and noticed it made no mistake about it.I ran a custom scan, and full scan and re scanned those downloaded files and nothing sinister was detected by Windows Defender.I had many downloaded files which were infected with trojans and none of them caused an alert by Windows Defender while it was doing a full scan,but when i moved to Kaspersky free and ran a full scan was shocked at the list of detection's coming from my downloads as containing trojans according to the warnings by Kaspersky free antivirus as shown on the list.I trusted Windows Defender and took the owners seriously and it was making me look like an idiot after not just one bad encounter with undetected infected downloaded files, but many times after that and still now don't know why i even bothered using W.D ?.I even tried going in the Group Policy to configure Windows Defender and increase the protection but noticed there were many questions which i had no clue about in which one of the three options do i select?, and just selected the enable on a few questions and it didn't change much.I had better luck with M.S.E when i used that in Windows 7 as all the settings and configurations were on the settings page once you opened up M.S.E and it had been my favorite free antivirus.Windows Defender also hasn't done well according to experts in their 2020 You tube videos and it seems they have uncovered way more flaws in Windows Defender than me.Like to add?,bye

More...