Windows Security skipped 1 file, how can I see what it was?

• Thread starter Thread starter Michael_102
  • Start date Start date
M

Michael_102

I scan my computer with Windows Security frequently-- usually once a day. About once a week I'll do a full scan, and maybe once every other week I'll do an offline scan, but for daily scans I do quick scan.

Tonight I did a quick scan and in Notifications it says that Windows Security skipped 1 file due to my exclusions or network settings, something like that. It's never skipped a file before, and I haven't set any exclusions-- in fact, when I go to the screen for exclusions there are no exclusions showing.

I want to know which file was skipped, because I want to be sure there's nothing suspicious going on, but I can't see any place to list any files that were excluded. Is there a way to list the excluded file(s)?

I did a second quick scan and got the same message.

I did an offline scan and didn't see any messages.

I'm doing a full scan now to see if it shows the message.

If I haven't set any exclusions, what other reasons might it have for excluding a file? And how can I see which file was skipped? What's especially puzzling is that I've never seen it skip a file before.

EDIT -- Full scan completed and shows the same message in Notifications: "The Windows Defender Antivirus scan skipped an item due to exclusion or network scanning settings." But I haven't changed any settings, I have no exclusions set, and this is a private home network. If this is perfectly okay then that's fine, but it's never skipped any items before tonight, and I just want to know what item was skipped so I'll know whether or not I've got a possible problem.

* Moved from Win 10/Security

More...

Back