Windows 7 SQORA32 driver could not be loaded. System error 1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed

• Thread starter Thread starter Ross2011
  • Start date Start date
R

Ross2011

I have an MS Access 2013 application that opens a connection to an Oracle database via an Oracle client. On occasion the application returns the following error when the ODBC connection is opened:

Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. (Oracle in OraClient11g_home1, C:\oracle\product\11.2.0\client_1\SQORA32.DLL).

This is an intermittent problem that is reproducible on several workstations (all running Windows 7 x64 with 32-bit version of Office 2013 and 32-bit Oracle client 11.2.0).

• Many times the ODBC connection is established without a problem
  • Other times the connection can be established by closing then re-opening the application once
  • Other times closing the re-opening the application several times does not help

The same application is being run on several workstations and not every user experience the problem at the same time. The problem may be chronic for one user whereas another user experiences no problem whatsoever.

All of the posts I have seen concerning this issue are for a persistent problem opening a connection and not an intermittent one. I am at a loss of how to diagnose this problem and would appreciate some direction.

More...

Back