Windows 10 sync center: 2047 files in conflict, each pair is identical, the conflict could not be resolved, access is denied

• Thread starter Thread starter 8Ika1oikXJA8H
  • Start date Start date

8Ika1oikXJA8H

Setup: Dell Laptop running Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363; connected by 180Mb wifi to a local non-production testing domain; the user/laptop has gpo redirected folders pointing to user specific urls on the local domain with common root and names like "\\x.y.z\folders\users$\username\My Documents" Etc. The domain is based on server 2019 and server 2012 R2 file servers. The laptop has only been on the domain a few months and is new.

The challenge is in the offline folders. They work perfectly when online or offline as far as I can tell. The problem is that they show over 2000 conflicts and on examination (I have not looked at all of the obviously) is that each conflict shows two copies of the same file, one local to the laptop and the other on the server, with the same dates and file sizes. I have no idea why it cannot see they are the same, and it claims the file has been modified on the server and the local machine. I try to reconcile the conflict by accepting the file on the server, it says it cannot complete the action "Access denied." I have no trouble at all accessing the file on the system and just renamed it to check. png screen shot of the conflict The file identifies itself in file explorer as being in conflict, but also fails to resolve if I try to do it locally.

Having 3000 unresolved files is untenable. I cannot check there are not a few genuine conflicts. I am not using encrypted files, nor is there a drive mounted into the share. The permissions all seem fine. I can write to the folders. I have tried many things.

Thanks

More...

Back