Windows 10 Help! BitLocker encrypted VHD is damaged after updating windows10-1909

• Thread starter Thread starter Daniel Lyu
  • Start date Start date
D

Daniel Lyu

During the Windows 10 update process, because the local space memory is less than 10GB, the system prompts that an external storage device is needed, so I used a mobile hard disk. This disk is usually connected to my computer. A VHD partition is made separately for storage Data, and this VHD is encrypted by BitLocker. However, after the update, the VHD file is still there, but the size becomes 0 and it cannot be loaded. The other files on the mobile hard drive have not changed at all.

At present, it has spent a lot of time to restore data (operation on the clone disk, no data is written to the original disk), and there is no result.

I want to ask why such a problem occurs? Is it that the 1909 version does not recognize the 1803 version of vhd? Even if the vhd is deleted or damaged, the data inside should be recoverable, but why can't it be recovered?

The pop-up window during the update, prompting: "Due to insufficient disk space, you cannot install the latest Windows 10 features and security improvements on your computer. Please follow the instructions below to complete the update. Select or connect at least 10.0GB of available External storage device. During the update installation process, use a USB key, SD card or external hard drive to temporarily expand the hard drive. Windows will not reformat your external storage device. "

More...

Back