Windows 10 Windows 10 PC can't hear audio from Toshiba TV

• Thread starter Thread starter DinosaurPizza
  • Start date Start date
D

DinosaurPizza

Hello,

I cannot hear any audio from my Toshiba television when I connect my PC to it through HDMI.

I've had this Toshiba television for a number of years and have never had issues with it — connecting to my PC or otherwise.

I got a new computer in November 2019. It has Windows 10 and has worked just fine. This exact PC and this exact TV have worked together before with no audio issues. I typically connect my HDMI cable to the television to play controller-focused video games (Sekiro, Outer Wilds, etc.) A few weeks ago, I could no longer hear sound from the television when connecting through HDMI. I believe this is a windows problem:

• The same HDMI port on the television will work with other inputs (Nintendo Switch, Amazon Firestick, etc.). All play audio.
  • Different HDMI cables don't change the result.
  • The volume mixer will show sound is being played, but it also does that for other devices in my sound devices and I don't know what any of them do (two are referred to as "S2719DGF 2- NVIDIA High Definition Audio")
  • I have already tried uninstalling "High Definition Audio" from Device Manager and restarting my computer.
  • I have already tried updating the drivers for ALL of my sound devices.
  • And again, this TV worked with this computer a few months ago, but now it stopped.

Any ideas?

More...

Back