My dell laptop seems to be infected with virus and malware. Couldn't remove them even after formatting.

• Thread starter Thread starter Shreekant B
  • Start date Start date
S

Shreekant B

Hi all,

Please help. My windows 10 laptop shows $RECYCLE.BIN and $1Recycle.Bin folders in C and D drives. There are few more unknown files in random locations of program files and don't know where else ! My C drive automatically keeps filling up and the free space is decreasing gradually. I have tried multiple options like using a purchased antivirus (named NPAV, which seems inefficient and local), installed free version of Malwarebyte which detected 94 PUP and other types of files (I don't know what they are) and everytime it kept me showing a message that there are 94 threats and I clicked quarantine each time. But after the free trial ended...I did not purchase the licence of malwarebytes and all those files are still lying in my laptop. My windows defender is off and when I try to switch it on it says ''your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization''. I don't understand what does this mean, which organization is protecting my system ?

I am totally puzzled now about how to clean my computer and begin afresh with only one most powerful antivirus and antimalware installed.

I request all the expert members...please help with your suggestions.

Thanks and Regards.

More...

Back