The optical CD/DVD drive cannot read discs

• Thread starter Thread starter Iwona_
  • Start date Start date
I

Iwona_

Hi,

My optical drive has stopped working after installing and uninstalling DAEMON Tools Lite. Previously, everything worked properly.

A DVD RW (E :) drive is visible in Windows Explorer. After inserting the disc into the drive, you can hear the disc spinning and trying to start, but it does not happen. Clicking ‘open’ has the same effect.

My CD-ROM / DVD drive is: hp DVD A DS8A9SH

My operating system is: Windows 8.1

The actions I performed were:

1) Launching the hardware and device troubleshooting tool. The problem persists.

2) Reinstalling the drive using Device Manager. The problem persists.

3) Performing all the steps from the guide titled "The CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs": https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...s-not-recognized-by-windows-or-other-programs . The problem persists.

4) Reinstalling DAEMON Tools Lite. After doing this, I was able to run the CD and even run the installation file from the disc (interactive whiteboard software), but I could not complete the installation. After restarting the computer the problem appeared again.

5) Refreshing my PC through reinstalling Windows with keeping my personal files and settings. The problem persists.

6) Reinstalling Windows 8.1 with deleting my files, settings, and apps. The problem persists.

I can't solve this problem. It seems to me that DAEMON Tools Lite may have damaged something.

Please help.

Regards,

Iwona

More...

Back