Warning from site about attempt to gain access to my banking info

• Thread starter Thread starter VerniaClements
  • Start date Start date
V

VerniaClements

I tried to open a website I have gone to many times before and I received a warning (I believe it i a scam but it does not hurt to ask)

"Windows Defender Browser Protection

Stop code: Google Chrome Detect Malware | Error Report

Security system has detected the threatening attempt to gain access to your bank login and related data but this dangerous connection was blocked with Firewall and further data leak was prevented. We strongly recommend you to perform temporary block of all of your accounts, and take some necessary security measueres.

Despite the timely blocking of the connection, there is still a serious threat of private data stealth. Please, don't wait to respond, every minute is important. There is possibility that virus already hurt your disks or destroyed and stole its data..... "

Of course it says to call a number for Microsoft support.

First it says Windows Defender Browser Protection detected it then it says Google detected it so that I believe is the first mistake and second they should not provide a phone number for Microsoft since we know how to contact them for help.

So am I right in assuming I do not have anything to worry about? I only know that people seem to be able to do almost anything to get money that does not belong to them anymore.

I appreciate all help

More...

Back