Why is it on my PC - FS.dll and antivirus register it as malware?

• Thread starter Thread starter ErinWilson2
  • Start date Start date
E

ErinWilson2

Alright, so, I have a few questions. I'm on Windows 7, and I have a multitude of malware scanners, such as Malware Bytes, Avast, and Hitman Pro, and a few browser/startup scanners.

Recently, Hitman Pro has discovered three .dll files under the name FS(.dll) and it is categorized as malware. As Hitman seems to be reliable but a touchy scanner, I scanned with Avast and Malware Bytes and it found zero results, even scanning the direct .dll files, which, by the way, are under the directory: C:\Users\(My PC Username)\AppData\Local\Temp, and then under three files:

1. HYDD88C.tmp.1487195022
  2. HYD5366.tmp.1487195971
  3. HYD1898.tmp.1489503292

These folders seem to be related to utorrent, which I have used in the past. It does not explain the recent rise of these .dll files are

And under each of those files, they have a directory, where the .dll files can be found going through \HTA\3rdparty\ on each. Upon doing so, I can find two files in each:

• The FS.dll file
  • and an .ocx ActiveX Control file, which, to be honest, I am not sure what it is, but it isn't registered as malware by my scanners.

I have looked these up on the web, with no results on file info, saying they are still gathering info on them, or are not sure what they are. I have scanned these with VirusTotal, and a ratio of about 14/64 are scanned as viruses.

I am tempted to delete them, as any person would, but I cannot back my computer up at the moment. I don't know much about these directories, and I am tempted to delete the .dll and .ocx in each file.

I'm a fair noob when it comes to this stuff, and I need someone to describe what these files are, what the folders are, and what I should delete if any, and how to safely remove them from my computer.

ef650893-9621-45de-beaa-d4cec5b34268?upload=true.png

7f37fe71-551d-4946-852f-6a244e73910b?upload=true.png

More...