Windows 10 Sign into Microsoft Account prompt in Windows 10

• Thread starter Thread starter DavidYorkshire
  • Start date Start date
D

DavidYorkshire

Some of our computers (at the small branch offices) are not domain joined, and I have noticed recently that a number of them have come up with a full-screen prompt on sign-in encouraging users to sign in with a Microsoft account. The options are 'Skip for now', or continue to the sign in screen and then click cancel, when it goes away (but I guess it will be back at some point!).

The computers are shared devices with a single user account, and are largely used for RDP access to terminal servers. I therefore do not want the local user account tied to any Microsoft account. So far as I'm aware this hasn't happened yet, but it's probably only a matter of time before somebody does as the prompt encourages and signs in using their work or personal Microsoft account, which means I will then have to try to reverse this - hassle I really can do without.

Anyone know of a way to block this prompt from appearing? It really is unacceptable the way Microsoft are constantly trying to push usage of their online accounts. I have set the machines up as I have because that's how I want them, and Microsoft has no right to try to push the users into doing something which they shouldn't be doing.

Thanks

David

More...

Back